Tascam FW1884 or M-Audio Project MIx????

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Kunalgiri, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Kunalgiri

Kunalgiri Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi All

Need help on selecting one of these. Would appreciate reviews from any one who has or currently using any one of them.

Thanks
    Kunal

2. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

$ .02

i've got the 1884 and i love it...very flexable you need to be carefull with it it does'nt work well with all progs...

3. Kunalgiri

Kunalgiri Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi dementedchord

Thanks for you reply, its quite suprising to see no replies coming from others even after posting it on other threads. I appreciate your concern on replying my question.

Even I have 1884 on the top list but few things still pull me down. Yes even I heard that 1884 is not compatiable with all softwares but I could not find any list of those softwares. Could you let me know what all softwares does it not work? I would still be satisfied if 1884 works with those software as a audio interface. Apart from this the feature of optional addition of tracks is a great attration for those who want to extend their limits. On the other hand Projectmix can't be extended and lacks the additional midi ports as what 1884 has. But I have heard that projectmix works with all software.

If possible, I would love to know the pros and cons of fw1884 from you.

Thanks alot for your reply

Kunal

4. dementedchord

dementedchord Well-Known Member

hi

sorry to not have responded but i had to be offline for a while....
    as to which progs cant give you a list but what i would do is check out the application specific forums.... for instance steinberg has forums for both cubase and nuendo... i think you'll find most manufacturers do...
    good luck