Tascam1082 CubaseSX3 cannot add audio files in later project

Discussion in 'Mixing' started by paton, Jun 1, 2006.

Tags:
  1. paton

paton Guest

Hi guys,
    I'm newbie to this forum. Got my Tascam 1082 for a two weeks. Right now I'm just warming up for some „real work“ and of course there are problems from time to time.
    In my projects I using Cubase SX3 and Nuendo3, lots of VST instruments, plugins etc. I am usualy working with my friend – when we got the structure (less or more) of the project that we are working on , we continue to work separately by adding some different instruments, plugins, record guitars, backing vocals etc.
    As far as I know with 1082 that is going to be a big problem.

We used to record voices and guitars throught almost identical interface cards ( mine is M-Audio FW 1814, his - M-Audio FW 410)
    So I could easily reopen project on my p.c. and add some audio files (guitars, vocals).

I try to do the same with my Tascam, but I can not add some new audio files in our later projects.
    I can not get signal from my guitar to record an audio track. In Mon mix mode (both and input) I can hear the signal (not in the computer mode) , and I can see flashes on Tascam, so the signal is passing from 1082 to the p.c. I also think that I selected correct input channel i.e. channel 8 for guitar – output analog 1 / 2 for out, and I turn on the monitor and record enble button in the Nuendo track Inspector
    In one project I get the signal to record, but latency was for a 2 or 3 sec. Terrible !!

Sometimes I have to turn off everthnig to get any signal on some new projects.

Please help. Thanks.

(Sorry for my English)

2. hueseph

hueseph Well-Known Member

Do you have the right ASIO selected? Do you have the Tascam as the default record input?

3. paton

paton Guest

Yes, Tascam is my default record input. I checked in Cubases Device setup and everything seems to be ok.
    In my first post I didn't say that usualy, when I start to work on new project, Tacam works fine and I don't have any problems.

But when I reopen some earlier projects which are recorded with different inerface (M-audio FW1814 or FW410) everthing is ok ( faders react in proper way - recongnizing my last mix) until I want to record new audio track... there is no signal to record ... if I have luck it sometimes comes out but latency is terrible. If I start to check this... check that ... trying to figure why is that happening at last Cubase SX3 chrash ... :evil: