TC Electronics

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by eddies880, Oct 7, 2004.

1. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Anyone out there happen to own a Finalizer from TC Electronics,if so,how do you like it? and does it really work for you. :cool:

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Well, I have the big brother to the Finalizer, the DBmax which a more powerful, flexable broadcast version that I like very much. very powerful. It is main processing tool in my studio for both recording and mastering.

3. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

I've owned a Finalizer Plus for quite a few years now and it works great for me. I usually use the wizard mode to get in the ball-park and tweak it till I find what I want. Its a very clean unit so don't expect it to add any 'character' to your mix.

I also own a SPL Tube Vitalizer. Between these two units, I can usually get it sounding right.

4. eddies880

eddies880 Guest

Funny you sould mention the wizard mode,thats the mode ive been using lately--------------------------------How much $$$did the SPL run?

5. tony desilva

tony desilva Guest

Eddie,

A quick correction to my first reply: I own the Stereo Vitalizer MK2-T. I refer to it as my "Tube Vitalizer" but SPL does sell another unit called the Tube Vitalizer which costs big bucks. The unit I own uses two 12AX7 tubes. I believe I paid $735 for it (new) 3 years ago. Its a little noisy with the tube circuit engaged but its worth the magic it produces. Here's the url to the unit:

http://www.spl-usa.com/V_MK2_T/in_short.html

6. Jim Chapdelaine

Jim Chapdelaine Active Member

I have a tc6000 and consider it indespensible.
    chap