Technical specs for CD manufacturing

Discussion in 'Mastering' started by yted, Feb 9, 2003.

Tags:
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. yted

yted Guest

This is a little beyond the scope of this forum but I was hoping someone would know a good source for reference. I need to do a technical paper on CD manufacturing with an emphasis on materials and processes beginning with the glass master. Any ideas?

2. Bob Olhsson

Bob Olhsson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I'd go visit a CD manufacturing plant. I haven't been very impressed by anything I've seen in print.

You can learn a bit about glass mastering from Doug Carson & Associates. http://www.dcainc.com/

3. Doug Milton

Doug Milton Active Member

I've been a broker to Cinram for about 5 years. They have been extremely cool about answering my questions. Here's their web site http://www.cinram.com/index3.html as a place to start. Let me know if you want to talk with them and I'll put you in touch with the plant manager.

4. audiowkstation

audiowkstation Active Member

Here is a primer, as per technical specifications, I will look. I had the whole PDF once upon a time...and can get it to you via email.

I have to look for it..in the meantime, This is pretty cool for a primer. Short explo.

5. Don Grossinger

Don Grossinger Distinguished past mastering moderator Active Member

Home Page:
    Yted,
    If you have any specific questions, I will try to get the guys in the glass mastering dept. here to answer them for you. We manufacture CDs & make our own glass masters.

6. Don Grossinger

Don Grossinger Distinguished past mastering moderator Active Member

Home Page:
    Yted,
    If you have any specific questions, I will try to get the guys in the glass mastering dept. here to answer them for you. We manufacture CDs & make our own glass masters.

Also, if you want to come down for a tour that can be arrainged as well, I think.