1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

The Amek M3000

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Gette, Apr 27, 2013.

1. pan60

pan60 Active Member

Home Page:
    LOL
    : )~

2. Gette

Gette Active Member

Home Page:
    hmm... its going to change again....

Attached Files:

3. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Mmm nice.

4. kmetal

kmetal Kyle P. Gushue Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

5. Gette

Gette Active Member

Home Page:
    What I currently have in my room is a Neve VSP (former Abby Road console) I have sold that and am replacing it with a VR72 that was originally installed in Japan. It does not have the surround options. (thankfully less crap to screw up the 2 buss ) an y way, will share pics of it once installed. I also have an option for a SSL9072J, but I am hesitant as I really prefer my Neve.

DonnyThompson and kmetal like this.
  6. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    @Gette
    How very cool!
    Please keep us updated as you can...I love threads like this.
    As a personal observation, I wouldn't care in the least if the console didn't have surround capability, but I'm thinking in terms of "typical" song production ...I would guess that it would be an important feature if you were doing music or Foley for film.
    I had a console back in the 90's - an O2R - that was able to do surround (5.1 only I think) and I used that desk for 4 years...during that whole time I never did one surround sound project on it...
    I wasn't set up for it monitor wise, though I probably could have set something up quick and dirty, using my home theater surround system if I had wanted to; but I never did. I just never had a cause to, i was doing run of the mill sessions, recording typical singles, EP's and Albums; I wasn't doing music or sound for film, it was just never a market that was regionally available or that any clients were wanting to do .
    So... Can I ask...and forgive me if you've posted about it already...what did you do with the Amek desk you were working on a few years ago?

7. Gette

Gette Active Member

Home Page:
    @DonnyThompson

Yeah the Neve VSP was cool, being that it was from Studio 1 at Abby Road. I was just not using all of it and wanted my center section simplified for both sonic reasons as well as room for custom options. I still Have the Amek and it is still for sale. here is a pic of what I just sat in place of the VSP. Its a VR72 Legend that was originally installed in Japan. complete with custom made wood trim. I guess I could start another thread focused on this Neve and what I do to it IE: Mods, repairs etc...

Attached Files:

DonnyThompson likes this.
  8. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I'm very excited to hear about your progress, and what you are doing as you go...
    A Neve desk from Abbey Road Studio 1 ... Sigh ...I guess there might be something cooler and groovier out there in the audio world to think and talk about, but I'm sure as hell not coming up with anything else at the moment. ;)
    -d.

9. Gette

Gette Active Member

Home Page:
    the reason I sold it was I wanted to remove the SP from the VSP as that section of the console was driving me nuts. With the mindset of preservation, I sold it. The console I have (VRL72) and console I sold n(VSP72), are identical sonically

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed