To Kurt and others re Sebatron vmp 4000e

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by omaru, Sep 21, 2004.

1. omaru

omaru Active Member

Hello Kurt - just wondering if you are still enamoured with the Sebatron vmp 4000e or has the Great River MP2NV (or some other within price range) surpassed it.

I'm looking for a new pre very soon and these 2 (plus Buzz MA 2.2) top the list.

Uses will be male and female vocals - bluesy to country rock to pop.
    Also guitars synths and bass.

Thanks Kurt and anyone else who wishes to comment.

omaru

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

"omaru"
    It's still in my rack, so I must still like it. I just don't chat it up much anymore because there's really nothing left to say ... I don't want to sound like a broken record ya' know .. it tends to discount my opinion when the answer is the same everytime ... and as you point out, everyone knows how I feel about these pre amps .. check the archives.

Hopefully sometime soon, I will get something new from Sebatron to review. I am interested in both the Sebatron EQ and the Thorax ... if I ever get those, you will hear more about them from me.

A little bird told me audiokid got a Thorax, maybe he has something more to offer?

Kurt Foster

3. omaru

omaru Active Member

Thanks Kurt - I appreciate your response.

cheers

omaru

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

omaru
    Check the Sebatron Forum here at RO ... Sebatron is giving away a VMP 1000e vu ...

5. Bowisc

Bowisc Active Member

I'm loving my Sebatron VMP4000e.

I have the upgraded version which has more headroom and tweaked EQ. I run a lot through it. I will never sell this thing.

I also have two channels of Great River NV, but won't compare the two in a "better than" quest. They are different. The Sebatron has it's own signature, organic sound.

6. ShellTones

ShellTones Guest

The two channel Seb is about $1,150. The two channel GR is almost twice that amount. These two preamps are not in the same price range.

7. omaru

omaru Active Member

Thanks again for your responses.
    Re Sebs giveaway - that bloke's got a vicious sense of humour eh! :) :) :)

Thanks Bowisc - this backs up what I've been thinking - may need to purchase both.

Shelltones - you're right with the price area. I'm thinking the 4 channel will be more flexible for stereo recording.

Thanks

omaru