Trident-65 qestion.......

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by Mad John, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mad John

Mad John Active Member

I have a used Trident -65 that I got last year and I am just about to get a tech to look at it.

A few times it did something that concerned me and recently it has been doing this more often:

The EQ lights will go out with the green solo light in the center of the board dimly lit.

I have been able to correct the problem by turning the console off for a few minutes and the EQ lights would come back on and the green light would be off. :mad:

2. Twist Turner

Twist Turner Guest

I dont' have a Series 65 anymore so I dont' have a manual, but it sounds like it might be a logic thing, is there a logic chip or chips in the master module? Maybe try reseating it, or replacing it.

3. Bo Hansén

Bo Hansén Active Member

Home Page:
    Hi John,
    I have take a look in S-65 servicemanual, and the EQ on/off LED have a mechanical on/off switching in the EQ in/out switch, so there is no logic fault.
    But I suspect there is a fault in +5 Volts feeeding to the modules or if the 5 Volt regulator in power supply have a temperature problem. (+5 Volt = LED and logic supply)
    Have you notice if other LED are cut off when the problem is coming upp.