1. Hi Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN ACID Pro Give-away
    Dismiss Notice

Tube-tech MMC 1A supply problem

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Electronic Repair Modifications DIY' started by wilwin, Oct 2, 2012.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. wilwin

wilwin Active Member

Hello,

we have a problem with the supply of a Tube-Tech MMC 1A Microphone Amplifier and Multiband Compressor.
    The fuse dirctly blow for the 240V and 270V supply.
    Is there anybody who can helps us with the schematics ?

2. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I assume you are talking about the d.c. voltages at TP201 (+280V nominal) and TP202 (+240V) rather than the a.c. mains input voltages.

I would try contacting Tube-Tech directly in Denmark. I don't know the company (or their products) personally, but from all I've heard, they are a friendly bunch.

3. wilwin

wilwin Active Member

Indeed, its the high voltage DC.
    I've contacted Tube-Tech for this, but they do not hand out schematics. They suggest to contact Joystick, but neither they deliver the schematics.
    I have replaced Q202 ( BUT11A ) , Q201 ( BUX87 ) and U201 ( LM317T ). Now the fuse don't blow, but TP 201 reads 360V and TP 202 reads 68V.
    When I desolder R209, so the line to the AMP section is broken TP202 reads 260V. Difficult to trace the faulty piece without schematics.
    I have downloaded the EQ 1A schematics, the supply ( 240v) looks alike but differs.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    It's not easy to help you further without more documentation. Have you tried this guy: HERE's THE LIST!

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed