1. Dear Guest, if you haven't already... enter to WIN Samplitude Pro X4!
    Dismiss Notice

Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Classic Tube Recording Channel with DAW...

Discussion in 'Computing' started by Unregistered, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I'm seriously thinking about purchasing The Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Classic Tube Recording Channel for my little studio. I record with a macbook, TC electronics Impact twin interface, and Powercore X8 for extra juice.
    God willing I will be also purchasing The AKG Perception 820 Tube Studio Condenser Microphone.

Any thought on the Universal Audio LA-610 MkII Classic Tube Recording Channel?

2. bouldersound

bouldersound Real guitars are for old people. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I sometimes use a UA Solo 610, which I think is similar sounding. We first tried it as a direct box on bass, which is a common application, and it sounded good but a bit soft. A Countryman Type 85 turned out to be the sound we wanted, full but clear and solid. The 610 did turn out to be really nice as a direct for a pedal steel. It softened the slightly hard edge to the instrument's sound. I've also plugged in a variety of mics on a variety of sources and the general trend was toward big and warm with a slightly softened tone.

3. Paul999

Paul999 Active Member

I have 2 of the mkI's they are the same but the MKI's are a little more limited. The compressor in this is crazy good and worth the price alone. Sometimes you can get a bit too much sibilance with it but nothing that isn't easily dealt with.