Valley People 400??

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Doug102938@aol.com, Sep 22, 2003.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Doug102938@aol.com

Doug102938@aol.com Active Member

Anyone one have some of these channel strip things? I got a few and wondering what people thought about them and what they were usefull for? thanks :D

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

Valley People made some very good gear and it seems to be very inexpesive on the used market. I have a Dyna-mite and I love it! It's an ok vca comp but really shines as an expander or gate. If you don't like the pieces you have, you can give them to meeeee! :D

3. Doug102938@aol.com

Doug102938@aol.com Active Member

Hey Kurt nice to hear theres another vally user.. i have a 610 and now i have 3 valley 400's I bought them of a guy who said that they didnt pass clean audio... as far as i can tell all they have is dirty pots which is no big deal... i got all 3 for 30 bucks. i think its nice to have another flavor around not sure how good the comps are on it but i have the 610 and an ashley sc 55

also i have been useing that Sebatron I recieved and that thing is really nice! i has a really nice sound to it.. im lovin it right now with my SP C1 but i may get a new condenser for vocals

4. i have a 401.. it sounds nice.. i don't like having to make my own grounds.. but the unit sounds nice.. the compressor isn't bad

5. realdynamix

realdynamix Well-Known Member

:) Hey Doug, count me in with a bank of keypex II's. I think valley made great products. Especially when you consider the built in ability to automate many of their products.

I also have an SC-50. That, in combination with a keypex II on a snare, is killer. Old gear, new gear, mostly what I hear today is wider dynamics and lower noise. Getting the sound you want is not limited to a DAW plug. :D

--Rick