Vintage Crestwood Magictape Microphone ?

Discussion in 'Microphones' started by deny_ro, Apr 1, 2013.

1. deny_ro

deny_ro Member

I have a microphone - Crestwood Magictape, but Icant find any information about it. Any help will ... help.
    Thank you.

SAM_6302.JPG

2. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

$%28KGrHqF,%21jcE2HfRtw+uBNmR3yeM3w%7E%7E0_12.JPG here it is. 461810292_o.jpg

3. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Hmmm...
    Looks like my first remote rig...I like that "LDC" ("Large Diaphragm Ceramic") mic!!

4. Kurt Foster

Kurt Foster Distinguished Member

i like the mic "stand"

5. Davedog

Davedog Distinguished Member

"Officer McGrady is goin to record yer confession, see? Now jus relax and think, WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT IN QUESTION???"

6. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

"Well, Miss Jones, from time to time I will ask you to take DICtation with this modern technological marvel..."
    "I swear, Mr. President, I don't know how the 'Erase' button got pressed..."

7. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Actually, her name was Miss Woods. Rose Mary Woods. ;)

And it was determined afterwards that in order to "accidentally" erase the missing 18 minutes in question, she would have had to bend herself into a pretzel and stretch her right foot ( it was a foot operated controller) out to about 9 feet away from her normal dictation position.

"I am not a crook - just a really lousy audio engineer." LOL

gettyiniv-9609.jpg

;)

8. McMurphy

McMurphy Guest

That microphone would probably be bitchin', on harmonica? Just plug it into an active direct box.

Yeah that looks like my first recorder? Mine was actually with a VU meter and called an " Echo Tape ". Which was rather funny since it's only had 2 heads and you couldn't get any echoes off the tape. That echo I didn't get until I got my grandfathers Presto 900. The forerunner to the Scully. But mine never had the 10.5 inch reel adapters. I ended up eventually just using the electronics which had three microphone inputs.

What a great old picture that was. I think I still have my Presto 900 manual? Probably not the Magnacord P-63?

McMurphy