Vintech Audio x73i - Power Supply

Discussion in 'Preamps / Channel Strips' started by Vitalie Andries, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Vitalie Andries

Vitalie Andries Active Member

Hello everybody. I purchased a vintech audio x73i, and I have a question for experts...
    Power supply is for 120v/60Hz; but in our country is 220v... So i need to buy a transformer from 220v to 110v. My question is; if anybody knows that's the power consumption of "vintech power supply"? ... transformer must be 100 watt... 300watt ... 600watt? ...
    and by the way "Vintech Power Supply" is a pulse transformer or classic?(Electron).
    this is important when choosing a transformer 220v to 110v.
    Thanks

p.s. sorry for the translation

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    I don't know if there's anyone here who can accurately answer your questions, but I'm sure Vintech could.

You can contact them directly:

Vintech Audio
    Phone toll free
    : 1-877-4-mic-pre
    Vintech Audio
    9828 Gallagher Road
    Dover, Fl 33527

email: audioguy1961@aol.com

As a courtesy, I would ask that you take a few minutes to post what you find out from Vintech, so that others facing a similar situation can benefit.
    Thanks,
    -donny

Vitalie Andries likes this.
  3. Vitalie Andries

Thank you. I will write to the support and accomplish your goal with the answer.

4. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    It's a real iron transformer. Vintech may be top notch when it comes to pre-amps, but the designer must have had a bad headache the day he specified a mains transformer with only a single-voltage primary winding.

With only a single X73i in use, you could probably get away with a 200W step-down transformer.

Vitalie Andries likes this.
  5. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Bos...

From what I read, the Vintech Power Supply is normally capable of powering up to 4 of the X73i's - I'm only mentioning this because I am curious as to how the step-down XFO might affect that, if at all; in that if at some point the OP would want to add another few X73's...

6. Vitalie Andries

thanks for complete information

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed