Wall panel questions

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by Goose3, Dec 12, 2004.

  • AT5047

    The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

  1. Goose3

    Goose3 Active Member

    Sep 18, 2004
    Enumclaw, WA
    I have several questions about building a “wall panel” in a studio (construction starts in Jan )

    1. I plan on purchasing from Markertek, I’m a long time video guy and know there stuff is good, but need to know what cable is right. I picked this http://www.markertek.com/SearchProduct.asp?item=MG-2930&off=15 but is it the “right one” I’ve read on these forums about a snake carrying a mic signal and so on.
    2. Which leads to my second question when wiring the wall panels I plan on having 8 xlr mic connections going to the control room and 4 TRS headphone jacks coming back, when building this should I solder the wires any different for signals going to or from the control room?
    3. Thirdly when making normal mic cables what cable should I use? ie “mic cable” “quad mic cable” “console audio cable” and whats the difference.
    The list is here http://www.markertek.com/SearchProdList.asp

    And lastly (different kind of question) I have the Samson C-Control and it has the option to hook up a 1/4-inch phone external Talkback switch, but can’t seem to find any to buy, I get tired of putting my hand up to push the button and was wondering if they make some kinda foot switch? any help

    Thank you for your time, and if anyone can refer a book or article that can answer my questions please let me know (hopefully save you some breath)

Share This Page