Welcome to recording org :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by audiokid, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    All the new blood, welcome :). I'm mostly in lurker mode at the moment again.

2. Sean G

Sean G Well-Known Member

Welcome back Tony (y)

Makzimia likes this.
  3. Josem

Josem Active Member

Good morning guys. I'm new to the recording scene and I was wondering what is a good software to use for recording. I currently have a behringer umc202hd and a 30 day trail for Studio one 3.

4. pcrecord

pcrecord Quality recording seeker ! Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Welcome Josem,
    To start off, studio one is a good choice.
    I recommand you to start a new thread on the subject while writing what kind of recordings you want to do. The more details you give, the more precise the answers will be . ;)

5. Josem

Josem Active Member

Where can I start a thread at?

6. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Distinguished Member

Home Page:
  7. pcrecord

Home Page:
    Donny gave a link to an already good thread on the subject..
    If you still want to create your own thread, go to Forums, Computers & Software and click Post New Thread ;)
    upload_2016-7-2_8-37-43.png

8. nsureit

nsureit Active Member

I was looking for information comparing U87 with U87Ai. Was thrilled to find this forum. I'm a serious hobbyist, soon to retire, so I can spend more time as recording engineer for my band comprised of a bunch of old guys and gals who grew up in the 60s.

I am trying to put together a portable recording studio as our band plays regularly at charitable events. We also have a monthly jam session at a local pub.

Here's my locker, so far. Almost all of it is used gear that I've begged, borrowed or traded for. I can fit it all into three medium SKB cases and one larger rolling container.

MICROPHONE%20LOCKER%202016_zpsob1lwjbz.jpg

audiokid likes this.
  9. wheresjerry

wheresjerry Active Member

new here at the site, so hello! I am not a studio guy, so don't fault me if I am not as up to speed as many of you. My studio is the outdoors, theater, club or concert venue. Yes, you will here chatter under the mics, but I love live sound. Gear I am running in the field is my new ZOOM F8 which replaced my Marantz PMD 671, a stereo matched pair of Neumann KM184's and a stereo pair of AKG 390 Blueline Series. I am using Ozone 7 and Sony Soundforge for Mac for my editing and mastering needs. I am in no way and expert on either program, but have become so so in using my recordings to sound the best I can.....typically, us tapers post our shows in flac format to different sites for folks to enjoy. Looking forward to learn more here, and if you're like minded, lets chat!

audiokid likes this.
  10. pcrecord

Home Page:
    Nice list !

What are your signal chains for the ISA and trident ?

11. pcrecord

Home Page:
    Welcome Jerry !
    It'll be fun to exchange with you ;)

wheresjerry likes this.
  12. MAGIX

MAGIX Active Member

Hello everybody,

thank you very much for allowing us to join this community here!

You may have heard about us: We are MAGIX, a software company from Germany developing e.g. Music Maker, Samplitude, Sequoia, SOUND FORGE, ACID and SpectraLayers. We want to invite you to discuss with us about several music topics, get feedback from you in order to improve our products and also inform you about new upcoming products. We will make sure that every feedback will be fowarded to the product owner :)

Best regards

pcrecord, Boswell and audiokid like this.
  13. Boswell

Boswell Moderator Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    Good to have you here, Magix!

audiokid likes this.
  14. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Yes! What a great addition to our community. As you know, I love Samplitude and Sequoia. I was converted years ago and welcome you here with open arms.

MAGIX likes this.
  15. Makzimia

Makzimia The Minstrel Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    @MAGIX welcome. I was always a big fan of sound forge. I know you've got lots of PC based producer/engineers on here that love your products.

MAGIX, DonnyThompson and audiokid like this.
  16. MAGIX

MAGIX Active Member

@Makzimia Good to know! SOUND FORGE will play a big role in our portfolio.

Thank you all for your nice words! :)

17. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    @MAGIX
    Very groovy . ;)
    I'm a big fan, as are several other regular members here. I've been using Samp Pro X 1 Suite exclusively for a few years now, ( thanks to the urging of Chris, ( @audiokid ) RO'S fearless leader. ;)
    It's great to have you here. I look forward to keeping up to date with what Magix is doing (and Samp!!).
    Welcome to RO! :)
    -donny

MAGIX and audiokid like this.
  18. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    Don't sell yourself short. :)
    You've also done your fair share of converting others into using Samplitude as well. ;)
    I for one appreciate being "drafted" into using Samp as my main platform. :)

audiokid likes this.
  19. Spektralfarben

Spektralfarben Active Member

Home Page:
    Hello everyone,

I've discovered this forum via the official Samplitude forum - and so, here I am :)

I'm a home recorder and I'm using both hardware (keys, guitar, bass, a bit drums) and software instruments. Right from the beginning (many, many years ago) I started with Magix Music Studio and used several versions since then.
    Of course on basis of the latest offers I took the chance to upgrade to Samplitude Pro X3 a few weeks ago - and I'm very happy with the new possibilities :D

Looking forward to getting information and sharing knowledge and tipps!

Thanks - and happy Christmas to all of you

PS: For whom it may be interesting, here my music:
    www.soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
    www.spektralfarben-music.com/alf/

MAGIX and audiokid like this.
  20. DonnyThompson

Home Page:
    Welcome to RO! :)
    We do have some Samplitude users here, and there are some threads devoted to it, but you'll find much more than just that here... :)
    Mics and mic technique, Preamps, interfaces, Converters, Room AC and Treatment Methods, Audio Software, Midi, Tracking and Mixing techniques, FX, EQ, Gain Reduction, Mastering, Analog Processing, Music, Engineering and Production Critiques, Electronics, Maintenance, Troubleshooting and Repair...
    Feel free to search through the archives...they go WAY back; you can find the date of the last post on a subject underneath the posts.
    RO is an accepting and welcoming community, made up of intelligent people; from beginners to veterans. But unlike some other recording forums, we don't shame anyone.
    Feel free to jump in anytime, any where... Ask questions, or even answer them if you can!
    There are very few hard TOS rules here; its pretty basic, respect and be respected.
    If you post something in a wrong area or maybe occasionally drift from subjects, one of the very kind members will benefit judge you in the right direc
    Pull up a chair, pour yourself your favorite beverage, and lurk or participate as much or as little as you want.
    Welcome to RO !! :)

Spektralfarben likes this.
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed