What device or interface I need?

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by BeatAddik, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. BeatAddik

    BeatAddik Guest

    I have a laptop using Cubase SX and if I want to get a bass guitar, what device or interface I need to incorpate that into my laptop? Thanks in advance.

  2. tubesmasher

    tubesmasher Guest

    Well, The Edirol UA25 seems pretty good. It has DI for guitar or bass and two mic inputs. Its USB bus powered too and comes with Cakewalk Sonar LE.
  3. Hawkeye

    Hawkeye Active Member

    Sep 26, 2003
    Aurora, ON, Canada
    Thee are lots of good reviews on the Edirol UA-25. Because Edirol is part of the Microsoft USB standards commitee, their USB drivers tend to be rock solid. It's only USB 1.1, but for 2in-2out, it's fine. It also has a limiter which is said to work very well.

    The SONAR LE bundle should be looked at closely. I'm using Sonar LE now and am blown away by what it can do. The plug-ins aren't the best, but there's lots of others out there.
  4. MarcusDavid

    MarcusDavid Guest


    I noticed in one of your posts that you use FL, Cubase and AA 1.5. This is also my setup though I am just now beginning to explore AA. How has this combination worked for you? Do you do beats in FL, track in Cubase and mix/master in AA?

Share This Page