what if this?

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by logamos2001, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. logamos2001

    logamos2001 Guest

    i have seen these little boxed on the side of drum kits in studios before. what are they? they look like two little mixers or something.....?
    its the first pic on this link
  2. overlookfran

    overlookfran Guest

    looks like headphone mixer to run the mix to the drummer. the other one probably for a bass player playing direct perhaps. nothing unusual...
  3. frob

    frob Well-Known Member

    Apr 23, 2004
    yea thats what it is i really dont think that ones that big are nessasary, as they are really expencive. furman makes a mutch smaller type that has four mono sub mixes and one stereo mix channel that gets wired up with cheap eathernet cable.

    you would think that some one would have a digital one that can be daisy chained alonge one eathernet and suply upto 64channels the tech is there is just up to the companys to make it.

Share This Page