what is the stompbox thats always on top of synths?

Discussion in 'Synths / Samplers & VSTi' started by McPiddleDeezNuts, Jun 29, 2010.

  • AT5047

    The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

  1. A lot of the bands I watch live performances of online have a dude playing synth and he is always tweaking knobs on what looks to be like a guitar stompbox pedal. what is the stomp box that you see on top of a lot of keyboardists' synths. Is it a compressor? I can recognize delay pedals on some rigs along side this mysterious one, but there is sometimes just one on top that doesnt appear (to me at least) to be making any noticeable effect, like phaser or echo. just a query.
  2. moonbaby

    moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

    Feb 23, 2005
    Stomp boxes are all the rage now, there are literally HUNDREDS of different ones on the market. It used to be that the TC Chorus was the defacto box sitting on top of a keyboard, but now anything goes.
    Keep in mind, too, that a lot of players are using "desktop" synth modules, ( like the DSI Mopho ) and
    they're always fitzing with the knobs on those things. What color is the box you keep seeing?

Share This Page