What is your next move?

Discussion in 'Mixing & Song Critique' started by anonymous, Nov 17, 2001.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. PlugHead

PlugHead Active Member

My plans are to finally finish my new studio space by Xmas! Nearly 1 1/2 yrs later, the to do list only includes wiring and custom furniture to complete it. Forget about all the new gear I want/need, it's finally time to get this space up and running, and have it attached to a much larger studio with more gear and space than I could ever afford on my own dime!

Jay
    PlugHead Productions

2. sixpence

sixpence Guest

amog the things I bought once was studio furniture. 2 14 u racks under a large desktop with a gap the then video monitor with 2 4U sapces and then shelves for montiors. these were IR£400 with antoher £80 carriage( from Music Store Koln). They no longer suit my needs so I'm selling for IR£250 + carriage.
    I've 2 potential buyers so hopefully one will come through and I can change my current setup! Everyone mentions cable costs but don't forget the cost of racking your stuff...

3. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

4. Rader Ranch

Rader Ranch Member

kids/family are the absolute best...

immediate focus here is on xmas gifts, prep'ing for relatives, etc. next year hope to improve the friend/freebie to paying job ratio for the home rig. tv certainly does come in handy for paying bills though...

5. Rob Cathcart

Rob Cathcart Guest

I'm set to wrap up six months of construction on the new studio and DO SOME MUSIC again. Sheesh. I've added quite a few items to my list of things I'll never do again. I'm still hackin' up drywall dust and feeberglass. Maybe I'll be able to pull off that Peter Gabriel vocal tone finally. I put off wiring ANYTHING for the last few weeks 'cuz I knew that when I gits the gear up and running all the little finishing touches will fall by the wayside. Well, all the finals are done and the only wiring left is the midi stuff. 1st recording in 6 months is sceduled for this weekend! Yee-Haaaaa! My 15 year old son doesn't know it yet but his Saturday morning will be spent beatin' on the skins whilst daddy goes for a drum sound.
    I've got 3-4 local teen bands set up for one song each for free to get up to speed on the new room and GEAR. Somehow the construction budget kept getting funneled to new gear. How iz dat possible?
    Looking SO forward to gettin' back to makin' music, man.
    This studio is a long held dream come true. When I look and listen around me, I realize just how fortunate I really am to be able to keep a toe in the water of this lake we call music. Jeez that was a pathetic turn of the word, eh? But you know what I mean. There is nothing that gets me off like doin' tunes under the light of the lava lamp.
    Bottom line: my plans are complete (for the moment)
    "Nothin' over 90 in the turns"
    Rob Cathcart
    Random Reason Recording
    Now Open!!

6. beauarts

beauarts Active Member

Home Page:
    pay off credit cards. Pay down loans on equipment. Stop buying more equipment.

7. RecorderMan

RecorderMan Distinguished Member

"There is nothing that gets me off like doin' tunes under the light of the lava lamp."

Congrats Bump.

btw, where is Auburn, CA near?

-recorderman

8. erockerboy

erockerboy Member

Auburn is up in them byootiful golden hills of NoCal! One of my fave spots in the world... plus I used to have a girlfriend there! :D

Ahh, misspent youth. Anyway, congrats Bump! I can appreciate how you must be feeling right now! We completed a major studio overhaul about 2 months ago, and guess who spend the majority of time inhaling lead fumes and scorching his fingertips with a hot soldering iron! :D

How sweet it is to be back to musicmaking....

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed