Where is The Music Business Going?

Discussion in 'Music Business' started by audiokid, Jan 4, 2003.

Tags:
  • AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. OK.. you are right, but today music industry has changed dramatically. Online promotions have become popular. It is very easy to attract people, and become popular. Thats why not very difficult to sell 1000 copies.

2. Thomas W. Bethel

Thomas W. Bethel Distinguished Member

Home Page:
    The world wide music business is struggling. This global downturn in finances is not helping the music community. The idea that somehow we will return to the "gravy days" of the 70's a 80s is fairy tale told to young musicians just getting started. You cannot put the genie back into the bottle once it has escaped. Today many young people don't have any idea of what things were like in the 70's and 80's when it comes to the music business. They know only that today you can download any song you want, for free, instantaneously off the www. The notion that you have to pay to listen is preposterous to them. They all say the same thing when asked about "stealing music" off the WWW. "Well I am not really stealing anything and no one will notice one down load, after all the musicians are rich" or "music should be free for the taking". Of course neither of these statements is true but it is there way of justifying what they are doing. If you inquire further many of them will say the music is there for the taking and if it were somehow dishonest or illegal it would not be so readily available. Only time will tell what will be happening in the next few years but I have an idea it is not going to get any better and may get a whole lot worse.

3. Thanks Mr. Thomas. The link given by you is really good. and I really appreciate the steps taken by you. I will surly recommend this site to my friends, who are struggling in this field.