Why are my monitors making this sound?

Discussion in 'Monitoring' started by Chickenwomp, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Chickenwomp

Chickenwomp Active Member

yo can someone tell me what the hell is going on with my monitors? they were working fine and then i moved my desk around and now they sound like this

2. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Sounds like the power supply is cutting out.

3. Chickenwomp

how can you tell? also, how can i fix this? im using the same outlets and cords i was before...

4. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    How do I know? Its just a guess but it sounds like something in the chain, whether it is the speaker amp or the power supply of a mixer, your DA feeding the audio to the speakers, something in the chain has the sound of a power supply drop. Until I knew more, I'm just guessing.
    I'm sure it can be rectified, but you need to isolate things.

I'm not a tech guy so I really can't advise you but there are other members here that know a lot more about this which I'm sure will chime in soon.

5. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    What is playing back music? I can't see your system in the video? Have you tried other music sources, CD player, iPod etc into your system?
    Is it the speakers that are doing this or is it your mixer? What mixer are you using?

6. Chickenwomp

update: i have narrowed the problem down to either my https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00154KSA2/?tag=r06fa-20 or my computer, not my monitors. i have used youtube/itunes and my DAW to play back music and they all seem to have the same problem, i dont know if the problem is with my computer or my audiobox though, the computers playback is fine until i use the audiobox

7. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    Do you have some headphones to listen to the signal inside the audiobox?

8. Chickenwomp

fixed it! after digging through ten miles of cords and testing out every single piece of my chain independently, i found out that i had to update the firmware in my audiobox -_-
    thank you for your help though chris!!

audiokid likes this.