Why does eMagic convert imported stereo files to mono th

Discussion in 'Converters / Interfaces' started by zip, Dec 13, 2001.

1. zip

zip Guest

...seem to normalize the track volumes?

I import stereo audio and it asks if I want to convert to two mono tracks. Simple enough - it's going into one audio track. The only thing I notice is it seems to normalize the track volumes taking away individual track dynamics...

Am I doing something wrong or going crazy??

zip >>

2. pan

pan Guest

Hi Zip,

I think, you're going crazy ;-)

This feature is for users of TDM Hardware, that can't playback interleaved stereofiles. It just puts it into two mono files (L+R), that are linked for editing.

You can disable this option in the Audio Preferences Page (force record and convert into split stereo)

Why are you posting here? -one click away is an "emagic"-forum desperately waiting for some traffic :roll:

3. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

No problem..as an avid hater of Logic I dont mind it at all!! lol!!
    I dont hate logic so to speak...I think it's more the company I cant stand..plus Logic just has too much of a learning curve that really put me off about the product...just my opinion anyways!!
    Opus

4. zip

zip Guest

pan...

Thanks. I'll try that. I also believe the learning curve is steep for Logic but it's not the real problem.

The real problem is the MANUAL. I have never seen 4 inches deep of disjointed crap like that before. You can learn to import audio files on like chapter 4 then have to muscle your way through the manual to learn to bounce them to a .wav in chapter 18 or some crap. :(

I guess I'll be posting a lot in the emagic section. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the software capabilities - but the manual has to go. :D

Thanks again...

zip >> :w:

5. Opus2000

Opus2000 Well-Known Member

Thats nothing...download the 100 page guide to the environment!!

6. zip

zip Guest

Opus...

I think I'll pass... :D

I'm finding pure experimentation to be more successful than the manual. Whoever writes "Platinum in the Real World" should make a killing... ;)

zip >>

7. zip

zip Guest

Just in case someone else needs the info...

Make sure when you bounce you select Split Stereo (L+R)

When you do you'll have to rename the file)if resaving as the SAME file - as a writeover) as Logic needs to use the .wal file during the conversion. I simply saved the file as xxx.wav-s then went back in later and deleted the .war,.wal and .wal-s files Logic creates.

Seems I was inadvertantly selecting bounce to interleaved stereo. :eek:

Hope this helps someone else in the LAP learning curve. :D

zip >>