So I've been trying to setup a studio in my new two story house. My upstairs is a large one room, loft like area that I want to use as my control room. There is a small door upstairs that leads to a uninsulated attic like storage space. In that space I drilled a doorknob sized hole in the floor. Directly below that hole is a closet to a bedroom downstairs. That bedroom is the room I want to use as my recording room. I ran my 8 channel snake and a 1/4 inch extension cord (from my interface) through the hole in the floor to the bedroom downstairs. But whenever I try to plug in anything downstairs (headphones, microphone) I just get electrocuted by anything metal (microphone, metal end of headphones). Any idea why this is happening? Is there a solution?