Windows 10 - what version best for Pro Audio?

Discussion in 'Computing' started by audiokid, Oct 6, 2015.

1. audiokid

audiokid Chris Staff

Home Page:
    +1

2. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    That's been my experience too Kyle. As opposed to IE or Edge or any of the other MS apps. FF just always worked for me; I occasionally update the prog when prompted to, but that doesn't seem to happen all that much.

Anything MS-based always seemed to be a PITA. I was locked out of my email for days a few months back, after recently running a virus scan, some PUP adware was found and for whatever reason, when the VP removed it, I couldn't open my hotmail from Edge... so I simply moved it over to open using FF instead and everything was fine.

kmetal likes this.
  3. DonnyThompson

DonnyThompson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    LOL... funny... about 5 min after writing my post above, FF prompted me for an update... and let me know that I have a shockwave plug that's out of date and vulnerable.

Impeccable timing. LOL

Anyway, I updated ( and I didn't even have to restart my system - as opposed to IE or Edge, either of which I'd probably have had to restart several times) and then simply restarted FF ... and everything is fine.

Which is as it should be these days. At the point we are now with computer/OS technology, there's no excuse for glitchy or difficult programs, or funky installs.

The days of having that feeling of "Man, I hope this doesn't screw anything up" right before we click the "install" button on an update, should be LONG gone by now.

IMHO of course.

kmetal likes this.