WinXP drivers for Lexicon Core2+MPX100

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by juca, Dec 17, 2003.

1. juca

juca Guest

Hi:
    I have a friend wich have a Lexicon Core 2 Soundcard more a MPX100 effects card. As he is buying a new PC and wish to install Windos XP Pro, he need a driver for these cards wich run under that OS.
    XP drivers aren´t provide by Lexicon, so if you know a thirty party manufacturer wich have a driver, please tell us and post a URL for listening.
    Thank you, very much.

juca.iai@terra.com.br

2. MisterBlue

MisterBlue Active Member

Sorry to say but I am afraid that you are wasting your time. This card is seriously outdated (performance/latency) and even support for Win98 SE wasn't that great to begin with.
    If you (or your friend) put any value into your time and sanity I suggest to close this chapter and get a new sound card.

Maybe others have better news for you ... :roll:

Sorry,

MisterBlue.

3. dabmeister music

dabmeister music Active Member

Home Page:
    I second that too. MisterBlue is right. I went looking for updated drivers for a Lexicon LDI 12-T I had w/ the PC90 reverb daughter board, could'nt find them anywhere. It hurt me to decide to part with this card but after acknowledging that "physically" this card was'nt up to par, I decided to let a friend have it for a moderate price (there's no third party support). Here's some info I got from the manufactures' web site: Lexicon Studio System Requirements

Windows 95/98

Pentium processor, PII or PIII supported
    200 MHz minimum processor speed ( this is minimum, a faster processor will yield better performance)
    Intel SE 440BX motherboard and chipset, without onboard soundcard - recommended
    AGP Video card
    64 MB RAM ( this is minimum, 128 MB will yield better performance)
    A/V compatible IDE drive, dedicated to audio (in addition to system drive)
    Windows 95 or 98 OS
    Parallel port interfaceable MIDI controller (USB interface not supported; Soundblaster also makes a number of compatible PCI bus MIDI interfaces)
    Note: Lexicon Studio is not compatible with Windows NT, 2000 or XP

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed