xp-30 filter control?

Discussion in 'Microphones (live or studio)' started by Krou, Aug 6, 2001.

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed

1. Krou

Krou Active Member

Hi again,

I tried my best to figure this out without another "how to?" post. In the end, I suppose that's what this BB is for...

In PERFORMANCE mode, I record my MIDI part (say, a pad) in my sequencer, then I record a filter sweep over it, thinking the setting would be recalled each time I load the project, but it isn't so. The next day I go back to my song, and I have to 'arm-record' that midi part, re-adjust the filter cutoff to get the same sound I had. I made sure my track transmits MIDI to the seq, and vice-versa.
    How can I ensure that all real-time (recorded)filter sweeps/resonnance setting remain intact as midi info (until it's converted to audio)? Seems like even if I re-save my performance at the end of each session, if I turn off the XP-30, all settings are lost?!?

Qestion 2: (sorry....)

There's a certain Rhodes patch in the xp-30 that sounds completely different in PATCH mode and PERFORMANCE mode. I believe it's PRESET-A 23 "Psycho Rhodes". If I play it in PATCH, it's eerie, modulated and very cool. When I call it up for a part in PERFORMANCE, it all of a sudden sounds lifeless and thin, like a bad suitcase piano. What causes that, are there any fixes? From what I can tell, it's the only patch that does that...weird.

Guys, esp. Eric V, thanks for all your help so far, I hope you can clear out the fog with the above as well...

pk

• AT5047

The New AT5047 Premier Studio Microphone Purity Transformed