yamaha dm2000 vs macie d8b mixers?

Discussion in 'Consoles / Control Surfaces' started by SonicLabsAudio, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Want a new mixer anyone have experience with either of these?

2. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Yamaha has a long history of making professional audio products such as digital mixers. Mackie - well, let's just say they have good intentions and good ideas but it takes more than that to make a reliable pro product. Use google and search for each and you will likely find more that you ever hoe for as far as opinions.

3. Cucco

Cucco Distinguished Member

I don't know about you Gaff...but I NEVER Hoe for opinions...I've slutted for opinions but never hoed.

BTW - I second AG's thoughts.

However...the Onyx line is inspiring. If only they'd come up with a nice, automated digital console based on the Onyx line.

4. AudioGaff

AudioGaff Well-Known Member

Doh! I guess I should proofread before I post. But like most engineers and musicians that need to survive, I will slut and hoe if I need too...

5. Alécio Costa - Brazil

Alécio Costa - Brazil Well-Known Member

If you had asked about the Yamaha 02RV2 and the Mackie d8B, I would say the d8b has few more tools like autotune, better EQ options and so.

I used the Yamaha 02R v2 for 8 years and now I´ve got the 02R96V2 and the 01V96.

Pretty good boxes, in terms of sound the new models are a giant leap from their previous generations which were the 01V, 02D and the 02R/02R V2.

The DM2000 is an even fancier mixer, with more channels, buses and the mic pres are said to be a bit cleaner.

If you have a tight budget, go with the 01V96. It is an unbeatable box.

If you have cash, decide between the DM2000 and the 02R96V2.

6. yeah i have abour 4 grand orso to spend on a new console but i want to make sure its the last 1 i buy for a very long time. Im about 80 percent set on the dm2000 just want to look at my options and get opinions on anyone who has used it.

7. Alécio Costa - Brazil

I stayed 8 years with my 02Rv2 and 01V. Pretty satisfied, no downtime at all.

I plan to stay at least 5 years with the new models I´ve got here.
    Btw... how many dollars for a dm2000 ?

Do not forget to pick a few (digital) cards like the MY16AT, MY8AT, REV-X.

8. the one im looking at is about 4 g's an comes with a waves effects card and the apoge i/o card.

9. Alécio Costa - Brazil

a DM2000 for only US$4000?
    Where s this ?Ebay? Canada?