Zoom R16

Discussion in 'Digital Recorders' started by ray1018, Sep 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ray1018

ray1018 Active Member

Hi,

I'm looking for a Portable Multitrack Recorder which is base on SD Card recording media.
    R16 from Zoom seems cool and it do have a "plus" ,c'ld be the Post production controller...
    Any of you using this cool stuff? need your reviews while use on Logic and On Live Recording..
    Thanks!!!

2. ray1018

ray1018 Active Member

R16 isn't a common gear?

3. moonbaby

moonbaby Mmmmmm Well-Known Member

Well, it sure as hell isn't "Pro Audio Gear"...try the "Budget Gear" section down the list...

4. jg49

jg49 Well-Known Member

You won't find many people here use a multi-track or porta-studio set up. These generally appeal to the prosumer market or those who are computer challenged, for the $400.00 price tag you could buy something like a Presonus FP10 and get 8 good preamps and recording software that will dwarf the results you could possibly hope for with this rather limited piece of gear. At first glance it seems to offer a lot of options but you need to decide exactly what is you are trying to do because features you don't use are worthless. I think work flow is difficult having to scroll thru endless screens on a tiny viewing area to get things done. most of this style units have less than stellar recording quality though I have never used Zoom, but Tascam, Fostex and been disappointed with the results.

5. fiast

fiast Guest

why don't use emu 0404 usb ?it's great i think ..hehe
    btw i don't know zoom product ..hehe

6. ray1018

ray1018 Active Member

That means Zoom product not really giving you a PRO sound Quality?