Skip to main content

Hi,

I hope you guys could help me out, i have two mics the Behringer B1 and the Mxl 2006 and i use Pro Tools for Win. Well my question is which of the two could i use i mostly produce Hip hop, the Mxl its good but the high frequencies are my problem I'm always equalizing them because it could be a problem and the B1 is good but i need to know which i could use better...

Comments

pr0gr4m Tue, 02/07/2006 - 01:46

It's a harsh truth but YOU sir are going to have to decide that for yourself. We don't know what all of your equipement is, what your sound source is or what your recording environment sounds like. We have no real way of making this decision for you. Sure someone could come on here and say that they had success with one or the other, but your situation could be entirely different. If it were me, I'd say us the MXL. But what do I know. You've never heard any of my recordings. You don't know if the sound I get from that mic is a sound that you would like.

You say you want to use it for Hip Hop....for Hip Hop what? Vocals? Beats? Backgrounds? Hanging on a chain around your neck? :P

You seem to have already noticed something that you don't like about the MXL. That's a great start. Hook them both up side by side and run some tests. Try them both out on the same source. You will need to make this decision. No one can make it for you.