Skip to main content

I bought this old church, I stapled some insulation on the windows tonight because it's - 20 C here. Dampened the room nicely I might say. I'm getting my hands on a 1934 Gibson acoustic saturday.
I am throwing on some- Dean Markley (Signature Series) Lights-
and hope to god it stays together. It looks like some 70 year old born again surfer decided to pawn it off for a bag of weed.

If you want some riffs hit, (or loops) send me a line at
pappadelicious@hotmail.com

I'll monitor this if anyone has any questions of the set up or whatever, it's fricken cold man and heat'n this f**k'n church is precious.

Topic Tags

Comments

moonbaby Tue, 11/15/2005 - 06:48

This probably should've been posted in the geetar section, not "Live Sound".
Having said that....You lucky bastard!!! I have always wanted to buy an old church in the country and turned it into a nice, wood-and-stone room to record REAL instruments and voices!!!
Be careful of that guitar. At that age, and judging by your apt descriptions of its condition, it probably isn't that stable. Do you have a case and a humidifier for it? A good investment, to be sure.
What mics/pre were using?

anonymous Tue, 11/15/2005 - 09:24

I'll be using tl audio's 5052, I'm going to try some stereo recordings with two lunas. Maybe throw some 57's in there. I might even toss a D112 on the floor.
I'm going to be testing out some of the rooms, one's so hot a whisper sounds like a scream. Or maybe the place is haunted?

I'm going to track them with a digi 001 / protools le 6.4.

The main room I'll be in is 30' X 50' with 24' vaulted ceilings.

x

User login