Skip to main content

Hello all, someone practically gave me one of each of these monitors. One is the Q-108 and the other is the Q-108B which is suposed to be the subwoofer version.

The tweeter in the Q-108 emits noise so it's either blown or has a crossover issue.

The sub Q108b works great, but I don't have a crossover to test it with, so what I get from it is a full range playback, not particularly much bass pushing through though, but it works great and sounds really wonderful. I was wondering if this was normal behaviour for this sub to not be too bass prominent when working it without a crossover ?

Also, I'm not sure what to do with them, I emailed Quested to find out if they could be used as a pair (L,R) when the sub is used in full range (considering i get the tweeter of the first one fixed) but I haven't got a reply and I pretty much doubt they are matched.

Are there any use for a standalone monitor ? It's pretty hard to find infos on this models so I suspect people looking for just one to replace their broken one must be pretty rare, though I know they are high end and don't want to give up on them.

Thanks.
Francis.

Topic Tags

Comments