Skip to main content

Hey guys, been a LONG time for me :D

Anyhow I just recieved a DC2000 for VERY little cash, were talking $500!

The board itself is in decent condition however as has been the problem with all of the DC2000's the LCD panel is pretty much shot, I can get some contrast out of it but the backlight is useless.

I finally found some EL material and am going to try replacing the backlight however it would be really ideal if I could somehow find a replacement screen.

I did try soundcraft and they dont offer a replacement LCD, they require an entire "CPU upgrade" which they want a $1,000+ for. seems rediculous for a $100 LCD.

I found out the a company called ALPS made the panels so made contact with them, unfortunately they stopped supporting them 5+years ago, obvisouly this is why soundcraft requires a new cpu panel.

After doing some research I found out that the actual company who makes the panel is Samsung the model is MDK311V-0 samsungs model is UG25D01GEBT5L.

I have searched EVERYWHERE for one of these panels with no success! I have tried surplus companies etc...

Do any of you know of anyone who happens to have any of the LCD's or perhaps alternate solutions?

I know I got the board for a good price but I have serious trouble justifying $1k because of a sh*ty little LCD.

Peace

Comments

x

User login