Skip to main content

Hi,

I have some questions about the Zoom MRS 1266.

I will use an external Behringer MX2642A console to add some EQ on the sorce before getting them "on track". But the EQ is just three band with variable mid.

1. Do anybody of you have any experience with the Insert effect Module EQ on the Zoom? The manual says "three or five band EQ" but nothing about the frequenzes... And the two band EQ is just for mixdown AFTER recording right?

2. When creating backups with USB cable to computer or burning down on a CD with the built in CD writer, should I create a backup AFTER adding the effects, EQ and compression BEFORE bouncing or mixdown? If so, I can go back and change the settings if I'm not sattisfied, right?

3. Any ideas about the Zoom's compressor? I can't seem to find all the traditional parameters (like threshold, attack, release and so on) in the manual...

We will record the drums and two guitars live on the first 6 tracks (throughthe Behringer) and then add some vocals, guitar licks, maybe a tambourine etc, so we're gonna have to do some bouncing in between.

My idea is to record everything as "dry" as possible and then add effects and compression later during mixdown, but the EQ is an important thing during recording (see my other thread "Garage sounding drums").

Thanx

//Ponka

Comments

cruisemates Wed, 04/28/2004 - 08:35

1. Do anybody of you have any experience with the Insert effect Module EQ on the Zoom? The manual says "three or five band EQ" but nothing about the frequencies... And the two band EQ is just for mixdown AFTER recording right?

Use your up and down and left and right arrow keys to select the frequencies and boost/cut amounts. You will see many different freqs for each band (low mid high)

2. When creating backups with USB cable to computer or burning down on a CD with the built in CD writer, should I create a backup AFTER adding the effects, EQ and compression BEFORE bouncing or mixdown? If so, I can go back and change the settings if I'm not satisfied, right?

Whatever you want to do, but yes it is a good idea. The more varied backups you have the more ability you have to go back and change things later.

3. Any ideas about the Zoom's compressor? I can't seem to find all the traditional parameters (like threshold, attack, release and so on) in the manual...

as I recall on my smaller 1044 it only had 2 settings: limiter or compressor.