Skip to main content

I’m looking for a spare Yamaha 03D ST IN (Stereo In) Gain Pot (aka Rotary Variable Resistor - Ref no. VR901 - Part No. VV701300) or a compatible equivalent. Any idea?

I'm limited in room and money, so I cannot buy a complete used 03D to cannibalize.



Link555 Thu, 06/18/2020 - 05:56

Thanks, well I think I am too far away to help.... I am in Canada. If your brave enough to dissemble the unit and take some more photos I can help you find the best match. it would be good to know if the pot is PCB mounted or panel mounted. I am guessing PCB, you need to know the lead spacing and configuration to ensure you get the right style replacement.

Boswell Thu, 06/18/2020 - 06:10

Note that (oddly) the gain goes from +10dB fully CCW to -20dB fully CW. That determines which end of the pot is connected on the PCB to the signal input, and is not shown in the schematic, unless it's coded by the "(F)".

It's feeding a virtual earth, so it will be an antilog taper. That could be the tricky bit in locating a suitable replacement. The "C" after the 100K value is the American designation for antilog. In Europe, "C" denotes log. Ahhh, standardisation...

Widowsky Sun, 06/28/2020 - 06:27

Even better: I found the original part!

My repairer couldn't get his hands on it, and it is indeed unavailable in Europe. But it’s still available in Japan. YAMAHA MUSIC EUROPE GmbH's support gave me the contact of a third party company able to import it, specialized in the distribution of spare parts from many manufacturers. It's rather convoluted, but I should receive it in a couple of weeks.