Questions about Ramsa wr811

Submitted by anonymous on Tue, 02/14/2006 - 05:08

Hey everyone. quick question, does anyone, know, what the value of the Ramsa, WR811 would be worth, when, they first came out? this board, has 18 balanced inputs, 4 buses, sweepable eqs 8 and 12 k on the highs, and 60 and 180 on the lows. 2 sends per channel. etc

anyone, know what these are worth these days, are they any good? what would be a value, new, and, mabey used by today. used but, in good condition with no noise.

thanks

Topic Tags

Comments

That particular Ramsa was one of their "smaller" boards and was manufactured in the 80s to compete with the better Yamaha models.
It was quite nice-for it's time- and their reputation for reliability was very good. That model was designed for live sound use, but could be used for recording,too. As far as value, I don't believe that it carries much resale value. I saw one last year in a local music store for under $500.00.....

AudioTracker1 wrote: Hey everyone. quick question, does anyone, know, what the value of the Ramsa, WR811 would be worth, when, they first came out? this board, has 18 balanced inputs, 4 buses, sweepable eqs 8 and 12 k on the highs, and 60 and 180 on the lows. 2 sends per channel. etc

anyone, know what these are worth these days, are they any good? what would be a value, new, and, mabey used by today. used but, in good condition with no noise.

thanks

I have this board and feel that the pres are better than a Mackie VLZ. You can also replace the opamps to lower the noise and improve the sound of the pres. Every single channel is on a seperate board, so it is easy to service.

Mine was around $600 five years ago. I think they have dropped in price quite a bit since then. Somewhere around $375 - 450 is probably a fair price.