Skip to main content

Here's something that's been baffling me for over a week now. I've been trying to record at 192k with my M-Audio Audiophile 192 and it will just not let me do it. I always get the "recording device does not support one or more of the current format parameters" blah blah message.

I've tried recording via the S/PDIF using my RME ADI-2 as the master. Even tried using the analog inputs on the card itself. The settings on the Delta control panel are all set correctly.

I've emailed M-Audio tech support several times with no response. Looked through the M-Audio knowledge base. Tried just about every phrase I can imagine on Google. I'm at my wits end with this. I would really like to be able to use the full potential of this card as well as my ADI-2.

Topic Tags

Comments

Opus2000 Sat, 09/10/2005 - 10:05

My bad...yes, it is possible. I thought I remembered that it would only do one channel but it's single wire so it's ok! Sorry about that!

Is the Audiophile 192 single wire capable? Doesn't mention anything on M-Audio's website about it.

The RME information is great in that regards.

Does the Audiophile show lock? What do you have the RME set to?

Opus :D

anonymous Sat, 09/10/2005 - 18:23

Opus2000 wrote: My bad...yes, it is possible. I thought I remembered that it would only do one channel but it's single wire so it's ok! Sorry about that!

Is the Audiophile 192 single wire capable? Doesn't mention anything on M-Audio's website about it.

The RME information is great in that regards.

Does the Audiophile show lock? What do you have the RME set to?

Yeah, the Audiophile has lock. I've tried locking it to the RME clock and to its own internal clock. Won't work either way.

The RME is set to QS (quantispeed) 48k. I've tried both consumer and pro spdif output.

Opus2000 Sat, 09/10/2005 - 19:08

Still no response from M-Audio either huh?! I know that some of their cards had some word clock problems and to solve it you had to send the card back to them for modification...

I wonder if the silence means they know about it but don't want to admit they made a mistake of some sort....

I know how that is having been a tech support person at one time!

Opus2000 Mon, 09/12/2005 - 15:16

I doubt that the OS is causing this unless you're running on 98 or ME...Windows 2000 or XP should be just fine.

In wavelab you are setting the audio device to the ASIO driver, correct? Does it work at 96k?

Maybe see if there's an updated driver from M-Audio.

Otherwise I don't bother with anything higher than 96khz as I don't see a need to go that high in the sampling rate domain.

anonymous Mon, 09/12/2005 - 23:11

Opus2000 wrote: I doubt that the OS is causing this unless you're running on 98 or ME...Windows 2000 or XP should be just fine.

In wavelab you are setting the audio device to the ASIO driver, correct? Does it work at 96k?

Maybe see if there's an updated driver from M-Audio.

Otherwise I don't bother with anything higher than 96khz as I don't see a need to go that high in the sampling rate domain.

I have Win2000 Pro. Yeah, it's set to the ASIO driver. Yep, works fine at 96k.

I'm guessing the M-Audio card can't handle 192k input. (Even though the website says it does.) No wonder it was such a bargain.

PS: I'm using the latest driver.

x

User login