Skip to main content

So i pulled the rotating Leslie out of an organ and i want to be able to hook it up with my guitar amps. It has an 8" speaker thats 35 watts, i think. Anyone know were i could get a hold of something that would convert a large signal down to something like that? I also need a power supply and a way to control the 2 speeds that it can run at. Anyone know where i could find something like that too?
There are 3 pairs of wires:
-Speaker wires
-(Fast) motor
-(Slow) motor



anonymous Tue, 09/11/2007 - 13:03

I know how to do this as well. You can just run a small guitar amp into the speaker. To switch the motors use a solid state relay for each motor and foot switch a 9v supply to flip from one relay or the other. The solid state relays will be noisless and you won't need a surpressor cap across the motor terminals.
You will have to keep the unit mounted sideways on or the slow motor may not engage and release properly. You can fit a small spring, but this is where it gets a little more complicated.
It's only a full range speaker though and you won't get the full opposing doppler shift of a top horn/lower drum of a 147/122 leslie. Dave.