Skip to main content

If you have one or know of one for sale please contact me. Thanks! DAvid Kershenbaum Mac.com">davidkershMac.com

Topic Tags

Comments

Guest Mon, 02/14/2005 - 04:29

Best of luck. Did you run out of needles to find in haystacks? Just curious... what do you think you're going to do if you need factory service for the thing? Burgess dropped off the face of the earth a few years ago and hasn't been heard from since.

You can do whatever you'd like... but unless you live for agita I'd recommend you search for a viable alternative to a Sontec anything.

Best of luck with it.

audiokid Tue, 02/15/2005 - 00:15

TotalSonic
Recording Org
Pro Audio Group

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:14 am
------------------------------------------------------------------------
fwiw - http://www.vintageking.com has a 250 available. These guys offer great service and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them. That said - the 250 ain't exactly a 430.

Finding a working 430 that isn't already in place somewhere (and where most likely there's no way if they are using that they'll want to let it go) is probably going to be extremely difficult as some of the opamps are proprietary and impossible to source these days - so the number of units that are not already in racks are fairly unrepairable unless you did a massive retrofitting and changed some things around.

Good luck!

Best regards,
Steve Berson

x

User login