Skip to main content

Can I get some feed back on this. they have the same converters used in digi design hardware.

Comments

anonymous Mon, 08/08/2005 - 23:01

i have recently purchased a emu 1820m. I have to say, that, the card itself, really rocks, and the dsp effects are just ok. the compressor, and stereo verb, are not bad, the virtual mixer is killer, and the sound is great.

The problem, is this, the software sucks ass. you basically cannot use the power fx( to use, the dsp effects as a channel insert) doing so, makes my system very very unstalbe.

I have sent and recieved about 40 emails back and forth to emu, and there reponese, are not that great. its almost like they are avoiding, your question, by asking you something really stupid, which has nothing to do with your question, they are good at answering your question with a question, no matter how plain your question is.

Then there are the pops and crackles, and having to change your latency settings all the time.

I had some serious problems, with digital software clips, that took up 3 weeks of my time to fix. Now, this are Ok, but, still get a bit, of crackles and pops. My system has been optimized to the tits, and i have reinstalled windows about 30 times.

So, i would ahve to say that i am really disappointed with the software side of this product. Why release something, this good, and not be able to support it?

I had a delta 1010LT once, and i plugged it in, and started recording problem free for 2 years. Whats that tell you?

Anyway, i am going to stick it out, and wait till they get there shit together. In my second email today, they finally addmitted that there are problems, with the power fx, and are working on it. Great.

thats my 2 cents.