Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Acoustik Musik, Ltd. Press Release June 2021
Phone 440-775-3681 EMAIL acoustikmusik@gmail…
"Where your auditory ideas become reality"
I am Thomas W. Bethel, principal Mastering engineer and owner.
With over 50 years in the industry, I bring unparalleled care and professionalism to every project I have ever had the pleasure of working on. I am a lifetime voting member of AES (Audio Engineering Society), NARAS (The Recording Academy) and Alpha Epsilon Rho (Radio -TV Honorary). With my background in analog and digital mastering and decades in the professional audio business, I bring my unique expertise, quality control -- and most importantly, my ears!
Since starting in professional audio, I have been a(n):
- Broadcast Specialist in the U. S. Army (1966-1968)
- Audio Engineer at PBS (1969)
- Director of Audio Services and Concert Sound at The Oberlin Conservatory of Music (1969-1995)
- Independent audio mastering and restoration engineer at Acoustik Musik Ltd (1995-present)
As of 2021, I have recorded over 3500 live concerts and completed over 6800 audio mastering and restoration projects.
What I need from you to get started
- High Quality .wav or .aiff mix files
- Files should be at minimum 44.1 kHz/24 bit sampling rate. We cannot accept MP3 files for mastering - they are too compressed to make this worthwhile.
- Feel free to message me to discuss project vision and direction!
As a client focused service, I bring to light the vision you have for your audio. I make sure your mixes sound the way YOU want them to sound.
My studio’s collection of state-of-the-art mastering, editing and signal processing tools include:
- WaveLab, Samplitude, Sound Forge, and a noise reduction software package from Izotope RX
- Various plugins from FAB, Waves and Voxengo plus many more.
- Weiss EQ1 MKII digital equalizer
- dbx Quantum II digital processor
- t.c. Electronics M3000 digital reverb
Mastering can be adjusted to make your music more suitable for CDs, online streaming, and more.
Mastering is a process that manipulates audio mixes to optimize them for playback on a wide range of audio systems. It generally follows these three steps:
- Equalization/Tone Correction – adjusts the volume of different frequency bands within an audio signal, allowing it to have depth and fullness.
- Dynamic Range Compression – reduces the volume of loud sounds or amplifies quiet sounds, thus reducing or compressing an audio signal's dynamic range.
- Loudness Maximization – increases your song's perceived volume without adding distortion.
These are the basic steps to mastering. Each project, genre or desired sonic quality is unique and requires its own special care and procedures to bring it to its full potential. I give your music the care it deserves.