Skip to main content

I have an old MXR limiter guitar pedal, the kind with the attached AC cord from the early 80's. I'd like to use it as an insert limiter with pro tools b/c I like the way it sounds on vocal tracks. the problem obviously is that it's wired for instrument level input not +4dbu.

What should I put between pro tools output and the MXR input to step down the voltage?



RemyRAD Sun, 01/18/2009 - 22:31

To step down the voltage all you need is 2 resistors. One in line on the hot lead. One across the hot lead to the ground lead. But on the other side of things, you're going to have problems going back in. The level will be too low out of the pedal. For that, you need a low level line amplifier. Or you could use something like a rackmount limiter and just don't make it limit.

Unfortunately your problem is sort of like a favorite piece of underwear. It gets a big hole in it. And it keeps getting bigger. Before you know it? You no longer have your favorite pair of underwear. What are going to do? Right. Try some new underwear. And if you don't like it? Just go regimental.

No panty line's
Ms. Remy Ann David