Skip to main content

Hi guys,
I'm new on this forum. I've just bought RODE NT1000 mic and it would be good to hear your opinions about this mic. Do you have some advice for me or some tip? I recorded a few vocal tracks and I'm very satisfied, also recorded and one bass track (I know it isn't usuall) on my Gallien- Krueger RB400/ Huges& Kettner 1"+ 2x12" box in combination with line out signal and I got a perfect sound. Only thing I've noticed is that mic is a little bright.
Best Regards
Oggy

Comments

anonymous Mon, 12/22/2003 - 13:20

I have the NT1000,like you I expect, it is my only good mic beyond an sm57 and an sm58.I like it,I doubt for the money you can do much better.

I play guitar through a Les Paul and a Maverick and the recordings I made with the NT1000 sound orders of magnitude better than those recordings I made with an sm57.

Until recently the only preamps I had were the ones in my Omni I/O,I thought the vocals sounded a little harsh.I just bough a Joe Meek VC1Q and the Meek pre, along with the comp, add a whole new dimension to the sound of the NT1000,it no longer sounds harsh or even especialy bright on my vocals.It sounds less bright than it did on my Martin D-28 with the omni pres.

I'm still working out the sound of the electric but after laying down one rhythem track I'd say it's a good all round mic.It's a little hard to tell at this stage how much of the initial brightness was from the mic and how much was from the pre's.

maintiger Tue, 12/23/2003 - 13:45

Originally posted by cominginsecond:

Originally posted by maintiger:
lotta peple like the ultragain

Who?!! there is a thread in the unicornation forum where this came up and many people posted favorable opinions- I used to have one in a studio I sold and was pleasently surprised by it- it happens sometimes, you know, even with inexpensive gear-
:cool:

x

User login