Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a TLA 100A in my workshop which needs repairing.
It's blowing the main fuse about 3 seconds after switching on (probably a power supply or blown capacitor problem) but I have no schematic for it.

Does anyone have a schematic for this unit that they could let me have a copy of?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Phil Plumpton
Technical Engineer
Olympic Studios, EMI Studios Group
London

Comments

anonymous Thu, 09/16/2004 - 00:36

Phil,

I have had the same problem with one of my TLA-100
The 1/2 A does mean 500mA. They are very hard to find in Europe, the size is odd. you need to ask Summit in the US to send you spare ones. My tech here fixed this problem replacing the fuse holders of the common smaller size.
summit does not share their schematic. However, you should try calling M2M in Belgium (They are importingSummit products here)
They services my 2 TLA's a few months ago. I know they what you're looking for.

http://www.m2mpro.com ask for Luc and ask him is technician's number. Tell him that Thomas Resimont gave you the info. I'm a good customer. I hope they will agree to help.

Must be great to work at Olympic!

Have a good day,

Thomas

Jilly Mon, 02/15/2021 - 23:38

Link555, post: 467441, member: 31690 wrote:
OlympicPhil was a guest and wrote that in 2004... I don't have the schematic, but what is the issue?

Hi thanks for your reply, my tla-100 is the dave hill version and does everything except compress. turns on, all controls seem to work but there is no compression applied to the signal.

Boswell Tue, 02/16/2021 - 10:11

Check that the switch on the right-hand side immediately below the light is in the centre position and not switched to Bypass.

Does the meter show the varying signal level when in the Output position, but stays at 0VU when switched to Reduction?

I'm curious as to how you are registering that all the controls work if there is no change in the output!