Skip to main content

We bought couple of years ago this amazing analog console.

Will be great to know what everyone of you think about analog console and if some one of you have ever tried this console.

Thanx for supporting us.

Alexandro Adriano
Chief Engineer
Sound Factory Europe
http://www.soundfactoryeurope.com

Attached files

Comments

DonnyThompson Tue, 03/17/2015 - 06:12

While I've worked on a few Amek desks over the years, I've never worked on this desk in particular.

I do remember hearing a lot about it when it first came out, and it having quite the positive reputation, back in the early 2000's.

Beyond that, I have noting to add, as I've no experience on it.

Apparently, Rupert himself said in an interview some years back, while showcasing it at the 2000 AES convention, that he felt that the 9098 mic preamp was "one of the finest I have ever built ..." ...

Although, and with all due respect to Sir Rupert, to be fair, I don't believe anyone has ever heard him say anything other than that, in regard to any of the preamps he's ever designed.

I mean, let's face it... have you ever heard him say "You know, I really screwed up when I designed and built that ____ preamp." LOL

soundfactory Tue, 03/17/2015 - 06:21

Thanx for your opinion Donny.

They only built 6 AMEK 9098 so i know that is really difficult to find one...

Actually im pretty happy that ive one in my own studios.
And it sounds amazing. Great low end and different from ssl that has an amazing high end...

Whenever you'll come to Italy you can find us and make your own opinion about it.

Dylan Ely Mon, 10/05/2015 - 15:30

I used this console for a couple years, i acctually helped wire and install the console in Chicago in 1998. Do you have the 9098i or just 9098? Ive used both (RZA/Wu Tang studio NYC and Chicago Trax), the "i" is much more like a modern console as far as the layout, as "i" is for "inline." Its one of my favorite consoles sonically, the NEVE 8078 i like better but the 9098 is very unique and has a touch of the SSL punch, but the EQ is very musical and has headroom for DAYS (like most NEVE stuff)!!!! You will be very happy with the console! Ive been mixing ITB for the past few years but just got an AMEK BIG (nothing as awesome as a 9098) as i want to start using a desk again for my projects. Would love to see some pictures of the desk... Where did you get it? Maybe it is one of the desks I worked on in the past????