Skip to main content

Hello thanks in advance for your input!
I've been considering building a computer specially for audio, which according to this website [http://www.recordin…"]How To Build A Computer For Home Recording | Music Production[/]="http://www.recordin…"]How To Build A Computer For Home Recording | Music Production[/]] is pretty easy, or just buying one. I've been looking at the Creation Station CS250 which is in my best price range. What do you guys think? Can I build the same thing for much cheaper? It seems like a great deal.

-rich

Comments

RemyRAD Sat, 03/24/2012 - 15:56

Frequently you can build anything yourself for less money. In the past since 1996, I have built up all of my own desktop workstations from a box full of computer parts I've chosen. It required some research and some e-mail Q&A back and forth from both audio and computer parts manufacturers. It required a fair amount of reading an investigation on my part. So when time is money, it can actually be more costly in the long run to build up your own machine. And then there is the operating system installation, software installation and all of the other necessary computer tweaks and adjustments to make it a viable stable candidate for audio/video production purposes. And that's a lot of work. Hours, days, weeks. So purchasing a machine specifically designed for that application by a system integrator specializing in audio would be a luxurious way to go for someone who has that kind of budget. But when you have no budget, and you want the best you can get, you do it yourself. Because when you want something done right, you do it yourself. All of the other extra gobbledygook you find in all of the other commercially available consumer computers have an overabundance of needless crap installed and all sorts of things running in the background and constantly scheduled events making them poor candidates as audio/video workstations unless all of the extra slime is removed or ordered not to keep running in the background unless you wwant it to be running. So I've never actually purchased a custom " music computer " from anyone in the past. If you're going to be a recording engineer type person, it's important for you to accrue as much knowledge and expertise as you can. So building stuff up yourself, really helps to improve your knowledge base. Otherwise you can just do the drive through window.

I've always done things myself
Mx. Remy Ann David