Skip to main content

Cubase Pro 11 Education Owners

Hi,

I just received a Cubase Pro Education retail box, however I think I have been sent an older copy by mistake. Can anyone verify what the box colour and numbers should be please?

Thank you

Comments

Punkyfish Wed, 12/16/2020 - 12:39

paulears, post: 466301, member: 47782 wrote: As it's only been on sale a few weeks, I suspect the clue is Cubase 11 - if it says 10, it's the old model, but if it says 11, it's brand spanking new stock.

It doesn’t say either just Cubase Pro but it does say eligible for a free upgrade to the latest version.

paulears Wed, 12/16/2020 - 13:01

Sorry, I misunderstood from your title. I didn't think there was actually anything really in the box apart from an empty dongle? I did wonder when we got to version 9 if all retail packaging was a bit pointless. They used to have the software on a CD of course, but later on, you just got the code and then had to download the cubase manager application and enter that number? Sorry I can't help - but I suspect dealers get the empty box so they can validate the educational discount applications, so they're probably not even linked to the generation? If you got the software on a USB drive, what version was that?

Punkyfish Wed, 12/16/2020 - 14:26

paulears, post: 466303, member: 47782 wrote: Sorry, I misunderstood from your title. I didn't think there was actually anything really in the box apart from an empty dongle? I did wonder when we got to version 9 if all retail packaging was a bit pointless. They used to have the software on a CD of course, but later on, you just got the code and then had to download the cubase manager application and enter that number? Sorry I can't help - but I suspect dealers get the empty box so they can validate the educational discount applications, so they're probably not even linked to the generation? If you got the software on a USB drive, what version was that?

Hi it is a present for my husband for Christmas and it is sealed. I’m suspicious because it states it can be upgraded to the latest version, I paid for 11 but 10.5 is £100 cheaper.

paulears Wed, 12/16/2020 - 14:31

No - when you buy cubase, the dongle holds the licence and you actually download the latest version using an application they supply. Your licence number is the important thing, and that number, when typed in, updates the software to the version you have paid for. When I wanted to update 10.5 to 11, all you get for the money is the number, and there's nothing really in the box that's useful, to be honest. If you have a version 11 licence - he'll be up and running via the internet in no time. It also unlocks the extra sounds and other things like spectral layers which is included in version 11 - that is worth 100 quid, in fact I was so impressed I actually bought the full version of that!

Punkyfish Wed, 12/16/2020 - 15:17

paulears, post: 466305, member: 47782 wrote: No - when you buy cubase, the dongle holds the licence and you actually download the latest version using an application they supply. Your licence number is the important thing, and that number, when typed in, updates the software to the version you have paid for. When I wanted to update 10.5 to 11, all you get for the money is the number, and there's nothing really in the box that's useful, to be honest. If you have a version 11 licence - he'll be up and running via the internet in no time. It also unlocks the extra sounds and other things like spectral layers which is included in version 11 - that is worth 100 quid, in fact I was so impressed I actually bought the full version of that!

Yes they said the usb licensee is inside. What I’m concerned about is that with it stating it will upgrade, they have given me the 10.5 instead of the 11, but paid for 11 if that makes sense? I wanted the retail box just because it is something to wrap up really.

On another note, is it easy to register?

thanks

kmetal Wed, 12/16/2020 - 15:58

Punkyfish, post: 466306, member: 52145 wrote: Yes they said the usb licensee is inside. What I’m concerned about is that with it stating it will upgrade, they have given me the 10.5 instead of the 11, but paid for 11 if that makes sense? I wanted the retail box just because it is something to wrap up really.

On another note, is it easy to register?

thanks

Can you get written confirmation from the retailer that your entitled to v11 with your purchase?

Is it written anywhere like on the product page on their site, or your e-reciept, that the product is V11? If it is take a screen grab of it, in addition to the retailer having it in writing.

Punkyfish Wed, 12/16/2020 - 16:06

kmetal, post: 466308, member: 37533 wrote: Can you get written confirmation from the retailer that your entitled to v11 with your purchase?

Is it written anywhere like on the product page on their site, or your e-reciept, that the product is V11? If it is take a screen grab of it, in addition to the retailer having it in writing.

Will ring them tomorrow, I just really suspect it isn’t 11, will let you know!

Tags

x

Register