Skip to main content

Hey guys,

A really kind and helpful man sold me a matched pair of MA-100s last week. I decided to try them out on my acoustic guitar. They sound pretty darn good to me. There's 4 demos in this video. I think I tracked the first one a little too hot. The second one I wasn't a big fan of the pick-on-string sound, but it really captured the warmth of these mics. It makes me want to try them on a tambourine or hi-hat or something like that next. The third and forth ones sound really good to me. I recorded the demo through my Line6 UX8 USB 2 interface into my iMac running Cubase 7. ($4000 guitar, $2500 computer $1500 mics going through $300 worth of preamps and conversion ftw! :P ) The stereo signal on this video is completely dry; no compression, reverb (other than from the room), EQ, nothing.

Let me know what you guys think. Make sure you watch it in HD or the bitrate will be converted down:
http://www.youtube… MA-100 Demo

Pax Caritas et lol,
-Clark

Comments

audiokid Wed, 01/23/2013 - 11:04

Ya, right on!
And we can see you now too! You have an sweet SCD pair now. Those are very versatile. You can use one pointing at the 12 fret and in some rooms for a more open sound, ( although I've not tried this myself), one over your shoulder and the other on the 12th can sound great too.
Looking forward to some new mixes.