Skip to main content

This is undoubtably a rather newbieish question. I have a 6.9.2 002R system here that I run off of my Ibook.

I'm about to get a session that was recorded and edited in a 7.x (not sure exactly which version) HD rig. I assume I'm going to have some issues opening that session here. If I can't get the other studio to save as a 6.x session, what are my options?

I've been very happy with 6.9 here- it has been rock solid (I do live recording and I've never lost a byte of information with it) and I'm not completely sure I want to mess with my rig.

How stable is 7.1cs? What issues do I need to be aware of with it? Also, Is it possible to have two installations on one machine so I can continue using my 6.9 setup to record? Or am I needlessly worrying?

Thanks for your help...

Comments

anonymous Sun, 08/20/2006 - 09:29

I also have an 002R. I also use an Intel Mac. I find that with every new release of PT, it gets better. It's more organized and believe it or not, they are finally using tool help with ver 7 when putting the pointer over some icon that looks totally confusing. I'm using ver 7.1.1 for the Intel machine.
There still are a few issues in terms of core audio development. The first release did not support using the 002R as a stand alone audio interface. I believe there is an update for this just released.
I just recorded nearly 2 hours of 12 tracks live using my laptop and my 002R. 8 channels of ADAT, 2 SPDIF and 2 analog. No glitches. Worked great. As I said, more features.

I'm pretty sure here that you will not be able to open a ver 7 session in 6.9. I think the upgrade is a good move. Besides, it's only going to move forward from here. Don't think you can run both versions on the same machine either.

:D