Skip to main content

Does anyone have comments on the KSM141? The key interests are quality and accuracy. Will they hold up for heavy location use?. Please don't compare to Schoeps, AKG or Coles.

Thanks,

Topic Tags

Comments

Cucco Wed, 03/31/2010 - 11:49

They're great mics - durable as heck and pretty darn good sound! I wouldn't hesitate to use them right next to the mics that you said not to compare them to. It's one of the handful of multi-pattern mics that I like and as long as you keep the mechanism clear and clean, you should have a working mic until shortly after the last ****roach dies.

Best-
J.

MicHead Thu, 04/01/2010 - 06:42

J,
Thank you for the info. I see we think a bit alike. Although not right next to them these little battle tanks are destined for that nasty, hazardous duty job as accent mics. This is why I asked if they would hold up. You know, there is nothing like the feeling you get when a choir or orchestra tramples through your mic field on their way to an overdue smoke and cell phone break. And you watch in horror as cables get tangled in feet and (as they will tell you), those almost invisible mics begin toppling into music stands on the way down to sure death. So I have learned to leave the big stuff strapped to telephone poles that are electrified out front, and away from the cattle. So now when I scream at the top of my lungs "Hey, your destroying my Shure mics!!" they at least have some name recognition and might be able to prevent "microphone Armageddon". But if you holler, "hey!! your your ruining my Brauner!!", they generally think someone's bra strap got hooked on the Oboe behind them. So, another problem solved, and at a much lower cost. Take care.

MicHead

MicHead Fri, 04/16/2010 - 05:47

Amazing! What the human body can do under stress -- the lights, the crowds and all. That's why these mics are important. You can dispatch them to these semi-hostile environments we all know as the concert stage. I would suggest to Shure that they issue a camo version of the KSM141 in a battle ready carrying case.

TheJackAttack Fri, 04/16/2010 - 07:31

Digital pattern......MARPAT edition!!!! I've already re-purposed all of my gas mask SKB cases with the purge valves! NOW you've gone and got me motivated! LOL Except we don't have any no account oboes in the real Corps. (Pres Own being figure head fake Marines-no boot camp or weapons training or deployments-lots of friends up there though from Grad school etc)

And nothing is Marine Proof. When it absolutely positively has to be destroyed overnight. OK, enough fun from me. I'll contain my motivated outbursts for another year or so in deference to the sensitivity of our readers. And my genteel reputation. ^_^