Skip to main content

Hi I'm looking into buying a mic for vocals i don't have that much to spend and was looking at the AT4033. has anyone used this for vocals - if so what are your experiances. Or should i be looking at something else. Any suggestions in this price range would be great :)

Thanks
Chris

Comments

anonymous Thu, 03/25/2004 - 03:43

I own an AT4040 which is a large diameter condensor, and the AT4033 is a medium diameter electret.

I do not own the AT4033, but have been doing a huge amount of research for my mic locker. The comment about the AT4033 being "nasal" has surfaced fairly frequently. If your voice tends toward this characteristic, perhaps auditioning the AT4033 is in order, prior to buying it.

My AT4040 is what I would characterize as accurate, bright, and fairly neutral in coloration. Like the AT4033 and other AT, it's a work horse.

anonymous Sun, 04/04/2004 - 21:35

I have owned the 4033 as my main mic for 3 years now. It does well on vocals. Not the greatest on most female voices. It gets a little harsh around 2K. I really like it on my voice and it has worked really well on a band I recorded that had a maynard from tool/ kurt cobain type voice. Like Kurt said it is a good all around mic. good for acoustic guitar and good for drum overs. It is lacking a little in the lows but for the price it's a great mic.
Wes