Skip to main content

O.K. Fletcher - Let's have it

Alright, I'm ready for an earful. Fletcher, you seem to have an opinion about a lot of things. Most of what I've read here is negative when it concerns other people's albums and other engineer's work. I'm partly referring to the Aerosmith topic elsewhere. I picked up the Aerosmith CD and I didn't feel offended by how it sounds. It just sounds like Aerosmith playing rock music.

Aerosmith & PROTOOLS!

I give a hats off to Aerosmith for recording their whole albums in Protools. I have no idea why this has been such a big issue with the industry for so long, people saying that "Its a great editor, BUT...", well if these boys dont prove that its the real deal, I don't know who else will. I have been using all digital for the last 5 years and if its done right, no one can hear the difference.

Mackie Bus or Pro Tools Bus?

I know this way somewhat discussed in another thread, but not exactly. What do you guys think would be better quality? 32 tracks to 16 PT bused D/A via AD8000 to a Mackie, or 32 individual D/A channels (no PT bus) of 888 to a Mackie? What I am trying to figure out is at what point does the busing on Pro Tools start to mess with the sound.